Great Sankey Neighbourhood Hub
Mersey Design Group
Great Sankey Leisure Centre is undergoing a transformation after 40 years of little refurbishment. The redevelopment of the centre involves a bigger hub which will have both an increased footprint and floor area. The current footprint of 3960sqm will be increased to a footprint of 4328sqm. With the addition of a new 3G pitch, new tennis courts and an outdoor training frame externally, the whole a site covers an area of 3.2 hectares.
Digital Engineering Studio was commissioned to deliver our BIM modelling, coordination and clash detection services for the entire building services on the project. Originally developed in AutoCAD, the large amount of 2D information made it almost impossible to identify the coordination issues which we are accustomed to visualising and resolving using 3D modelling software.
Working with our client we developed their design into a Stage 4 3D BIM model with locations of all items of plant, pipes, ducts and cables trays using specific objects representing actual intended plant and equipment in positions that had been spatially coordinated. The final model was used to extract over 50 MEP tender drawings & schedules for the scheme.
Scope of services:
- Produce 2D tender drawings for all MEP services, fully notated and dimensioned.
- Manage models for MEP Consultant.
- All information produced to LOD 300.
- Digitally model all MEP services for the entire project.
- Co-ordinate all MEP services with AEC discipline models.
- Clash Detection against all AEC discipline models.
- File types: .RVT, .DWG, .NWD, .NWF
We are fully behind the drive towards Building Information Modelling (BIM)
and see a future where BIM delivery is the norm.
Find out how we can collaborate on your next project