Liverpool Hope University College
Watson Batty Architects
John Turner Construction Group
Following on from the work completed on the Health Science Building, Digital Engineering Studio was commissioned to author the MEP services and deliver a BIM model for the new Hope Sports Park Campus at Liverpool Hope University. A facility which brings with it an array of academic opportunity, forming part of the University’s £14.2m redevelopment.
Appointed as the BIM delivery team for the building services consultant our team used a combination of Autodesk Revit, Navisworks Manage and AutoCAD to deliver a clash-free MEP BIM model and tender drawings. The MEP model was built from traditionally authored 2D design drawings, redline markups and sketched details. Authored in Revit and federated in Navisworks for review by the client and team members, the detailed model provided insight into engineering issues that could not have been achieved working off the 2D plans.
Scope of services:
- Produce 2D tender drawings for all MEP services, fully notated and dimensioned.
- Manage models for MEP Consultant.
- All information produced to LOD 300.
- Digitally model all MEP services for the entire project.
- Co-ordinate all MEP services with AEC discipline models.
- Clash Detection against all AEC discipline models.
- File types: .RVT, .DWG, .NWD, .NWF
We are fully behind the drive towards Building Information Modelling (BIM)
and see a future where BIM delivery is the norm.
Find out how we can collaborate on your next project