Rutherford Diagnostic Centre Headquarters
Digital Engineering Studio partnered with the M&E consultant to act as BIM delivery partner on the new Rutherford Diagnostics centre at Liverpool's Paddington Village. The five-storey new-build facility will be home to state-of-the-art diagnostic and research facilities that will include: spectral CT, 3T MRI, digital PET CT, endoscopy and genomics laboratory.
Our role involved producing a RIBA stage 4b mechanical and electrical model with corresponding drawings. Working from hand-marked layouts provided by our client we were involved throughout the design period to produce over 100 coordinated layouts for all building services. Our client required the full BIM outsourcing service and as such in addition to the modelling, we also provided full BIM management including ensuring all drawings and documentation complied with the standards, methods and procedures required. We also provided clash detection and regular coordination workshops to ensure the design iterations were feasible.
Scope of services:
- Produce 2D tender drawings for all MEP services, fully notated and dimensioned.
- Manage models for MEP Consultant.
- All information produced to LOD 350.
- Digitally model all MEP services for the entire project.
- Co-ordinate all MEP services with AEC discipline models.
- Clash Detection against all AEC discipline models.
- File types: .RVT, .DWG, .NWD, .NWF
We are fully behind the drive towards Building Information Modelling (BIM)
and see a future where BIM delivery is the norm.
Find out how we can collaborate on your next project