Liverpool Hope University College
Watson Batty Architects
The new Health Science building for Liverpool Hope University provides state-of-the-art specialist learning environments to support the Sport and Health Science curriculum. Designed over two floors, the 5,000 square meter facility provides a high quality addition to the Hope Park campus. The facility brings together specialist laboratory spaces dedicated to nutrition, genomics, cell biology and psychology, together with laboratories and space for sport and exercise science.
We were asked to produce a coordinated model consisting of mechanical ventilation, heating, water, above ground drainage, small power, lighting and distribution systems for the entire building. We delivered a package of over 40 tender drawings from the stage 4 model with the final output being a detailed MEP model with locations of all items of plant, pipes, ducts and cables using specific objects representing actual intended plant and equipment in positions that had been spatially coordinated.
Scope of services:
- Produce 2D tender drawings for all MEP services, fully notated and dimensioned.
- Manage models for MEP Consultant.
- All information produced to LOD 300.
- Digitally model all MEP services for the entire project.
- Co-ordinate all MEP services with AEC discipline models.
- Clash Detection against all AEC discipline models.
- File types: .RVT, .DWG, .NWD, .NWF
We are fully behind the drive towards Building Information Modelling (BIM)
and see a future where BIM delivery is the norm.
Find out how we can collaborate on your next project