Stepping Hill Hospital
Alan Johnston Partnership
Digital Engineering Studio was appointed to provide the M&E authoring and coordination services for the redevelopment of the emergency department and creation of a new theatre at Stepping Hill Hospital in Stockport. The project was completed using Autodesk Revit to author the design and Navisworks Manage to produce clash reports which were shared with the delivery team for discussion at regular team meetings. The work was completed from a combination or redline mark-ups, 2D AutoCAD drawings and scanned legacy drawings. We produced high quality renders for our client to show the end user how their lighting design and electrical components would fit the aesthetic of the hospital on completion. The final output was a stage 4 model with of all items of plant, pipes, ducts and cables trays modelled using specific objects representing actual intended plant and equipment in positions that had been spatially coordinated and checked for both hard and soft clashes.
Scope of services:
- Produce 2D tender drawings for all MEP services, fully notated and dimensioned.
- Manage models for MEP Consultant.
- All information produced to LOD 300.
- Produce rendered images.
- Digitally model all MEP services for entire building.
- Co-ordinate all MEP services with AEC discipline models.
- Clash Detection against all AEC discipline models.
- File types: .RVT, .DWG, .NWD, .NWF
We are fully behind the drive towards Building Information Modelling (BIM)
and see a future where BIM delivery is the norm.
Find out how we can collaborate on your next project