We were asked to deliver installation ready mechanical services model and drawings for two primary schools and one secondary school in the North West of England. Working as part of a larger team of Architects, Structural, Furniture Specialists, Electrical and Fire Sub-contractors each working in their own software packages, we had a combination of IFC and Revit files to coordinate against. The MEP model was developed from redline mark-ups supplied by our client and the end product was a detailed MEP model with locations of all items of plant, pipes, ducts and cables trays using specific objects representing actual intended plant and equipment in positions that had been spatially coordinated. The completed models were federated in Navisworks Manage for clash detection and the 2D installation drawings were generated from the models, annotated and fully compliant with the client’s internal drawing standards.
Scope of services:
- Produce 2D installation ready drawings for all mechanical services, fully notated and dimensioned.
- Create mechanical installation model.
- All information produced to LOD 400.
- Digitally model all Mechanical services for the entire project.
- Co-ordinate all MEP services with AEC discipline models.
- Clash Detection against all AEC discipline models.
- File types: .RVT, .DWG, .NWD, .NWF, .IFC
We are fully behind the drive towards Building Information Modelling (BIM)
and see a future where BIM delivery is the norm.
Find out how we can collaborate on your next project