A new production and bottling plant created at the Port Sunlight site of Unilever required developing in a BIM environment due to the complex nature of the project and its heavy processing plant. We were commissioned to create a 3D model of the MEP system that would illustrate how all mechanical systems would be installed to coordinate with the complex structural frame of the building. From redline markups from our client, we took control of the BIM process to create a stage 4 model with locations of all items of plant, pipes and ducts using specific objects representing actual intended plant and equipment in positions that had been spatially coordinated.
Scope of services:
- Produce 2D tender drawings for all MEP services, fully notated and dimensioned.
- Manage models for MEP Consultant.
- All information produced to LOD 300.
- Digitally model all MEP services for the entire project.
- Co-ordinate all MEP services with AEC discipline models.
- Clash Detection against all AEC discipline models.
- File types: .RVT, .DWG, .NWD, .NWF
We are fully behind the drive towards Building Information Modelling (BIM)
and see a future where BIM delivery is the norm.
Find out how we can collaborate on your next project